Facebook Pixel is a way to track conversions from Facebook Ads.
Here for more info: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/952192354843755
If you are using Facebook Ads / Facebook Events - you can now track them as they land on your event pages. There are Several parts to ensure this entire process works.
- Create Facebook Pixel (Here for info)
- Add the Facebook pixel to your website (See below on how to do that)
- Track actions that matter to your business (follow steps in here)
- Note: the Facebook pixel embedded on your site, can track 3 parameters - detailed below
STEP 2 - ADD FB PIXEL TO SITE
To add the Facebook pixel to your event page, follow these steps:
- Create event on Bevy Dashboard
- Under "event tracking" add in the Facebook Pixel ID (only the ID Number, not the entire html code)
- Click "Save & Publish" to save & publish the event
Here's a GIF showing how it's done
STEP 4 - WHAT WILL BE TRACKED
As mentioned, the FB Pixel on the Event Page will track 3 things:
- Pixel fires when landing on the page
- This tracks when someone has landed on your event page from Facebook event or ad
- Pixel fires when requesting to purchase a ticket (i.e. before paying)
- When someone clicks the "buy" button but has NOT bought a ticket... they will then get asked to either log in, or fill in name and credit card details etc. Hot Tip - If you see a big drop-off here than it means either your pricing is too steep, or they had issues purchasing a ticket.
- Pixel fires once you've successfully bought a ticket
- This tracks when someone has bought a ticket
- This allows you to know that someone came via your Facebook Event or Facebook Advert and actually bought a ticket as a direct result of your advertising efforts.
Below is a graph showing you what a well-setup Facebook Pixel's Results will look like - with explanation below...
- You can see that there were 1600 pageviews...
- of the 1600 pageviews, 96 of them proceeded to purchase a ticket...
- of those 96 people only 58 actually bought a ticket as a direct result of Facebook Advertising.